Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Nov.1st

Today at O elementary school, the first class that I observed today the students (5th Grade) were working on perspective drawings of barns. The students seemed to grasp the concept for the most part and their drawings were very impressive. The image to the left is a 5th grade student working on their barn drawing. The second class I observed (3rd Grade) was working on drawing trees. Many students struggled with this and asked for help. As I was interacting with the student and offering them help I found it difficult at first to make the students understand the concept, but after working with a couple of students I found that it was effective for me to draw some of the tree drawing and have the student finish what I started. This seemed to work for most of the students, but I did find that some of the students wanted me to draw their entire drawing but I insisted them that to improve they need to work on their artwork themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment