Friday, November 25, 2011

Tuesday Nov. 22nd

Nov. 22nd

Today, in the first class I observed the fifth graders were again working on barn drawings. This consisted of them drawing a barn in pencil and then shading the barn. They were also required to do another barn drawing that they traced with a projector and then colored in with crayon. As I went from table to table I noticed that most kids did struggle with shading; they would either not have a consistent light source or have no shading at all because they thought it was too difficult. So I spent most of my time explaining to them that there needs to be a consistent light source and asked them where they think the lights and dark surfaces will be in their drawing. The second class was working on drawing peacocks and there was one student who I sat down with for the entire class. The reason I sat down by this student was because he was showing signs of hyper activity (constant talking, no ability to sit still and vulgar noises). When I sat down by him I tired to keep him focused on his work but I was not that successful. It was very difficult trying to get him to focus on his work. At times he would be focused but then I would have to remind him to stay focused on his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment