Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tuesday Nov. 15th







Lesson Plan 
Yesterday was the day of my lesson, which is designed for second graders. The lesson is an abstract tree drawing that incorporates warm or cool colors (students choice). My cooperating teacher left me in charge of the class only to help out when needed. When I was doing the demonstration for the lesson I felt that I explained things well, I memorized what I wanted to say so when I fumbled around I had to make up things on the fly. I think this was a good choice because It allowed me to be more prepared for the lesson and over time I think it will teach me to improvise on how I want to say things about lessons. It was very different having the entire classes attention focused on me, it was nice to actually be able to teach a lesson to students instead of my peers as I did in an earlier art education class. My cooperating teacher also had the students come to me and ask if they were finished with the first step of the project and if they needed any help they came to me as well. Now that I have taught a lesson in front of a class I feel that the more I do it the easier it will become. In this post I have included processes of the project from beginning to the final piece. I have also posted a video of my teaching. I apologize for the low quality of it but for some reason it was the only way that I could get the video to upload correctly, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment