Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Second Day Oct. 18 th, 2011

Today, was our second day in the classroom with Ms. R. The students seemed to be more calm than the first day of my observation, this may have been because I was unsure how a classroom of kids ages 7-10  would act. I was also happy and impressed with my cooperating teacher on some of her techniques to either make the children pay attention or to do their work and not talk. One of the techniques she used was a serious of claps when the students were being loud, which was followed by the students repeating the claps and then like magic there was silence and all attention was put on Ms. R. The other technique was utilized when they were working on their art and was called the boy- girl game. This game consisted of the boys on one team and the girls on the other; and if any of the boys or girls talked they got a point. This game is similar to golf in that the person or in this case the people with the less points win. I am pleased that I got to see these techniques in action and witness them actually working.

No comments:

Post a Comment